College Prep Writing Intensives
The differences between the requirements of high school and college writing often catch students unaware, and unprepared. That’s why, starting in the second semester of senior year, College Essay Solutions offers customized College Prep Writing Intensives for high school seniors. These one-on-one, online sessions offer an effective method for bringing a student’s writing skills up to the college level, and keeping them there.
All College Prep Writing Intensives are designed to the needs of the individual student and include:
- A detailed writing assessment by Craig Heller
- Six one hour instruction sessions, on Skype or by phone, with Craig.
- Worksheets to improve writing skills
- Instruction/Practice with college level academic writing
- Guided instruction and practice of self-editing skills
- Detailed writing tips and guidelines, based on the needs of each student. Printouts of these helpful reminders can be used by students throughout college, to review and revise their own work.
- Directed journal writing
- Writing projects such as short stories, screenplays, poetry, etc., supervised by Craig (only if desired)